Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Ayutthaya to Sukhothai

 Today was basically a travel day . The kids first long bus drive . 6 hours of travel including lunch in between. The bus was great and with a nap thrown in the time passed quickly .

I read a book - My sister the serial killer. I enjoyed it , it’s based in Nigeria and some of the bits the author wrote at the end really resonated with me. She states how Africans are all different and they don’t want the same stories and that is how I felt about Indian authors growing up . So good to have a wider variety of Indian stories now . 

We are staying in the Old town of Sukhothai so went exploring in the evening. The temple in the city looked beautiful with the colourful reflections in the water . 

There was some drama at dinner when a set of customers left with our paying and the owner of the restaurant had to chase them down . It was fun for us to watch . 










No comments:

Post a Comment