Tuesday, August 2, 2011

England- National Coal Museum

17-07-2011

The rain didn't cease for a moment so spent the day indoors.

Visited the Coal Mining museum. It is at the site of an old coal mine. Good history along with recuperating ponies and a tour of the baths but the best bit was the guided walk through the underground mine itself. That is one job I could not have done, even going down for the hour was a little scary for me ( held my mother's hand, more for her claustrophobia than mine). The lift that takes you down has no light so it's like plunging down in the dark,though relatively well lit up underground. It's drafty, cold and slippery too. One of the ex miners took us around and gave us quite an insight into their lives, not very pleasant though it did improve over the years.

Went for Delhi Belly that night. Had heard good things about the movie but I enjoyed it way more than I had expected. It is like no Hindi movie I have seen, laughed throughout.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment