Monday, August 15, 2011

Ecuador - Driving day

14-08-2011

Packed and ready to leave at five in the morning. As per me I didn't think I slept very well in the first two hours but woke with drool on my jumper. Supposedly Jeevan waved some banana bread under my nose but I slept on. Obviously I snoozed better than I thought. Managed to read a complete Jodi Picoult novel, Sing you home, along the way, that is how long the drive was!

Our truck, Gus, broke down once which as per the stories is a good record for her. The drives are so picturesque, at one point it was sunny and there was a sea of clouds below us in between the mountains.

Reached Cuenca in the evening, it is supposed to the prettiest town in Ecuador. We thought we would duck out for a quick dinner as everybody was exhausted but got caught up in a festival celebration of some sort. There were fireworks and regional dances on display, one very energetic group and the other a little slow. For me the best bit were the fire lanterns that floated in the sky and blew away with the wind.

Tomorrow is supposed to be our last chance for a sleep in, we have to be ready and done with breakfast by 9:30. That is so not a late start!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment