Monday, August 15, 2011

Ecuador - Rio Verde/ Banos - Day 3

11-08-2011

Hitchhiked to town. Sat at the back of lorry which had just delivered cauliflowers. New experiences everyday

Spent a part of the day climbing a mountain to see the Tungurahua volcano. It was all uphill on the way going and later found out it was 12 kms in total. Good activity for the day. Roamed around in town looking for cooked guinea pig (not for me, still vegetarian) but they had sold out for the day.

Bought some candy being made in front of us, lots of stretching and hitting involved. Then headed back to our campsite. Used a local bus which was showing the most inappropriate movie, first girl on girl then man on man action interspersed with loads of extreme violence. All this in a span of twenty minutes, we just kept laughing but two kids in front of us were fascinated.

Helped make dinner, we have to do in turns. Not my group today but I was doing nothing else. I am amazed at the things that were made. I am team leader for my group, luckily no more cooking for another week but the pressure is on.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment