Thursday, March 3, 2011

Namibia -Day 7

Wet Day.

New realization, I do not like camping in the rain.

The place today is slightly roughing it. There is no pool and the showers are so so (so difficult ; ) ).

The rain nearly stopped us from our walk in Twyfelfontein but we persevered and managed to see carvings/ paintings on rocks that are 2000- 6000 years old.Saw the lionman.

The evening was spent in the bar playing cards ( shit head ) and then a group of locals did a song and dance routine. I was expecting a group of people on tribal wear as we had seen earlier in the day ( in the desert covered in red mud ) and was slightly disappointed to see them in jeans and skirts just like us ( I am such a tourist! ) . The singing was amazing.

Now to sleep in a tent with the rain outside. Fingers crossed we stay dry.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPa

2 comments:

  1. Well not many people get to see rain in Twyfelfontein. So thats different! I was last there in 1989 and there was no infrastructure. We drove everything in and out. No buildings except the rare farm house and the caretakers at the spring. Still rough as guts it seems ;) The Damara elephants are one of a kind, rare as...I have never seen one...
    I hope the paintings are surviving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember you are way more stronger than the rain

    ReplyDelete