Saturday, March 12, 2011

Botswana- Day 2

In Maun, the entry into the Okavanga Delta.

I am sure at some point in school I learnt about deltas but obviously did not think it was important enough to remember long term,relearnt about them today. Good geography and history lesson from a local man.

Scenic flight over the delta was my first time in a small plane. Prior to take off there was some difficulty with closing the door and window so I had my fingers crossed that we would make it back in one piece.

Rain threatened to spoil it for us but stayed away just long enough that we could enjoy the views and get a brilliant show of lightening in the distance . The delta is magnificent , humongous in size , varying landscapes, wild animals- solitary and in herds, lilly ponds in abundance, breathtaking .

Look forward to entering it tomorrow morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment