Thursday, March 3, 2011

Namibia- Day 1

Long driving day.

Early rise , met our truck - home for the next 30 days and the driving began. Drove for around 12 hours, a lot of it was through barren , rocky land.

Crossed the borders, smile and wave were our instructions and that is exactly what we did.

Our camping site, Felix Unite, is much better than I expected. There is a swimming pool which was such a welcome relief after the scorching sun, it has been HOT. Bar around the pool , overlooking the Orange river which is flowing quite swiftly.
Got a tent demonstration , first time I have ever put up a tent, pretty easy and quite roomy. The dinner was really good under such a clear sky, our visit to the planetarium was useful.
I don't think we are roughing it just yet but I am sure it will start.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:By the Orange River

No comments:

Post a Comment